An estimated 30,0000 people turned out for the March For Our Lives in Atlanta. Students led the massive crowd through downtown chanting "Not One More," "Books Not Bullets," and "Vote Them Out." Voting was a major theme of the event. Volunteers fanned out with clip boards to register young marchers. Georgia students and survivors from the February school shooting in Parkland, Florida gave speeches. So did U.S. Representative John Lewis and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms. Bottoms told the...
Latest News From NPR
- Watch: 'March For Our Lives' Rally In Washington, D.C.
- Hundreds Of Thousands March For Gun Control Across The U.S.
- To Save Whales, Maine's Iconic Lobster Industry May Have To Change
- Sisi Is All But Assured A Second Term In Egypt's Presidential Election
- Trump Swaps Complete Ban For 'Qualified Ban' On Transgender Military Service